spoon

Coconut Flour

Category: , , ,

I recently got the hang of Paleo baking. After a few botch jobs, I've realized that coconut floor works alot different than other Paleo flours. Almond meal seems to be the collective choice for most recipes I've seen out there but I was determined to knock out a kickass coconut flour recipe... and I did.


Coconut Chocolate Chunk Muffins

¾ cup Organic Coconut Flour
½ cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil or butter, melted
6 eggs
3 tablespoons honey
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup dark organic chocolate, cut into chunks
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder




Blend together eggs, oil, honey and salt. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk thoroughly into batter until there are no lumps. Stir in shredded coconut and chocolate chunks. Pour into greased muffin tins (you could also make this a loaf) and bake at 350F for 40 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack. This recipe makes about 10 muffins or a nice sized loaf.

I forgot to take pictures before I devoured these, but believe me, they were unbelievable looking and tasting.


Comments (0)

Post a Comment