spoon

lack of time and posts

Category: ,

I haven't had a ton to write about lately. I'm not baking much, mostly because I tend to eat the outcome of my experiments WAY too quickly. We've been eating fairly plainly and upping our red meats by alot (check out T- Bones on Spall, free range top sirloin specials are 5 for $20, you can't go wrong buying that in bulk and freezing.)

Do you gym members remember Coach Kevin's amazing salad from last months BBQ? Well it was great and he has submitted the following recipe to me to post.

Kev's Warm Radicchio Salad

1 pack of bacon ends (from Johnny's Meats in Kelowna)
1 head radicchio lettuce
1 cup sui choy
1/4 cup green onion
1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup chopped dried figs

Fry bacon and keep warm on low heat. Chop radicchio, sui choiy green onion, cilantro and add to a big bowl. Add spinach and dried figs. Dice cooked bacon and add to salad mixture as well as the bacon fat in the pan.

Dressing


1 egg yolk
1 oz olive oil
1  tbsp mustard seeds
1 tsp honey
1/2 lemon

Emulsify the yolk and olive oil. Add the mustard seeds, honey and juice of the lemon. Mix well.
Serves 2-4

Comments people! Please let me know if you have an recipes, ideas, questions or requests for posts. I'm thinking about doing a big post in the next week on intermittent fasting and leptin resets. Interested??

Comments (0)

Post a Comment