spoon

finding your fit

Category:

I'm coming up on my 4th month of crossfit and 3rd month of paleo and I can honestly say I've never felt better in my life. I can only imagine how much better it will get with time. I just want to touch on a few obstacles I have encountered so far. Obsession, fear and guilt.

I've always been the kind of person to dive into something completely. Food has always been a huge obsessive thing for me and when I was introduced to paleo I was no less obsessive. I researched every corner of this way of living. Spent hours and hours online reading everything I could get my hands on. With every article I read I would take it all to heart and completely change my way of thinking to accommodate the opinions of the blogger I had just followed. I would eat only almonds, then I would read that they were "bad" and freaked out and omitted them entirely. I would eat all raw and then freak out about antinutrients and cook everything to death and scold myself for depriving my body of the things it needed for so long. I couldn't stop thinking or talking about it and I'm almost positive my friends, coworkers and clients have had more than enough already. I felt extreme guilt if I had a glass of wine or anything not organic. I would beat myself up to the point of not enjoying my workouts or meals because I didn't know if I was doing everything "right".  I had a bit of a epiphany about a month ago when I realized that this obsession was no better or less detrimental than my past food issues. This got me thinking about where I fit in paleo and primal living. When I could find a comfortable spot, knowing what I need to fuel myself with and for.

I know that I definitely have all the knowledge I need to slowly find what works well for me and my body. I've adopted a more healthy way of thinking about meal times and not obsessing over a craving for dark chocolate and wine. I am learning to listen to my body rather than letting my "crazy girl brain" take over (Fraser, my boyfriend, knows all about this aspect of me.) It's all a journey of self-realization really and I'm not finished and hope I will continue to tune in to the body that I was given. I encourage you all to try to do the same. Paleo is a huge crazy world of information (some that totally contradicts itself) and you really need to find where you fit in to remain a happy and sane person.

I'm always open to emails with questions, comments or relatable information. daisyvelisek@gmail.com

Comments (0)

Post a Comment